Tuesday, December 05, 2006

God's Blessings!

I just have to tell you what happened today. Earlier in the day I was feeling kinda sad and started to think about home and missing the people that I know and that know me. I am grateful that I had a nice time with the Lord this morning just praying and worshipping Him, and I knew that He was with me. I also started to think about the verses that were given to me at youth group the one night before I left. Then at about 10:30 am we went out to do outreach and bring food to the community. We went and I brought an umbrella, it was so cute because it is so hot all the children want to be under it so they crowd around and one has to try and fit as many as you can under it. Then we went to this other part of the community where a one month old baby is and it was being fed water and juice and yogurt because they had nothing but what we were bringing to them for food. The baby was taken to the hospital and admitted and I went to go and see the baby when I was at the hospital yesterday. So when we came today to bring food to the family the grandmother was smiling and she was so happy. They had gotten some milk for the baby and the baby was home and doing better. The mother of the baby is also really sick, and she also now has medication and today when we were there she was smiling. It was so incredible to be there and to be part of that. The grandmother was so thankful and she prayed for us. I sat there and as tears came to my eyes I thought wow here we are to help them and she is praying for us at Mahyeno and thanking God for Mahyeno. What a blessing and what a privilege to be part of this ministry! God is good! Ok talk to you later. Dione

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home