Across the World
Things are so different, and it will take a while to get used to. The one thing that I never thought that I would do is get up so early, each morning I get up at 6am and that is so crazy. Also the majority of the population are black people and so there are only a few white people walking around and so I am still getting used to that. Also, their programs on tv are a lot of time with black people and their commercials are with black people too. I've also watched programs that are in different languages, so my world is being broadened, and that is good. I am to start learning Zulu so we'll see how that goes, I now know 3 words and 3 words in Afrikaans so that is cool. There are some things that are the same like tonight I am going to a ball class, you know the exercise balls, so that will be good for me. Tomorrow I am going to cell group which is like Bible study and we are going to these people's farm, which will be nice, they are very kind people.
On another topic, I got my first cell phone today! It is a Motorola and it is blue and silver, it's very nice now i just have to figure out how to use it and what my number is.
Well, I must go have something to eat before I go and exercise.
See ya later D


5 Comments:
Hey Dione,
Just a quick "hi". It is so nice to hear what you are doing and about the people you are meeting. Girls realized you won't be in Meadow for Christmas and are quite disappointed. You are often in our thoughts.
7:10 p.m.
D!!!!
we miss you soooo much! thanks for being so awesome, and sorry i haven't commented lately. glad to hear that you are safe and experiancing such interesting things!!!
love always.
xxx
10:52 a.m.
So now you're accepting posts from us anonymous people eh? Glad to see you're doing ok, and I'm amazed that you've switched your sleeping pattern, wow. Keep up with the updates!
10:07 a.m.
Uh, ya, so this and the other anonymous are from Rob. Sorry
10:08 a.m.
Hi Dione! Nice to hear from you. Just want you to know we're thinking of you. I'll be praying for you too. Leanne
PS You'll learn the language no problem!
7:12 p.m.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home