Hello from South Africa!
I am in Durban at the moment and will be here for 9 more days. They say it is supposed to be really hot and humid but right now the Lord is being gracious to me and it is cold, wonderful! Now about Durban, it is a beautiful city, it has beautiful beaches, different cultures where Hindus, Zulus are the most predominant. Oh by the way I have learned two Zulu words and that is all. Being in South Africa is very different, things are not the same as at home in Canada. Once it gets dark in Dundee nobody does anything, they all stay in their houses. Some have TV's but I don't and so there is nothing to do but go to sleep. Also they get up super early, one day one of the kids was at my house at 6:30 am, what is that? That is just way to early, but I am getting used to it, I got up this morning at 6:30am! When we get back to Dundee I have to start learning Zulu, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh! I hope that the Lord will give me grace to do this, thankfully there are a lot of Zulu speakers there. We have done outreach into the poor communities, and that was so wonderful. I mean the place is not wonderful, the people live in houses made of mud and they fall apart in the rain. The children have no food and so when we come in to bring soup and bread they are all smiles. I love that part of it, when we give them food!
Also hello from my friend Keith who is from South Africa! He is done taking training here at Durban, he is from Capetown and he is Afrikaans and he is coloured and proud of it! When I first met him I thought that he was in high school that he was 18 but he is not in high school, he is only 2 years younger than me. He was sitting here by the computer so I thought that I would include someone authentic from South Africa.
Well, this is long enough for now. I miss you all and I miss Canada very much but I am sure that it will get easier in time. See ya
Dione


1 Comments:
Hi Dione,
It is so good to hear from you. Wow, 2 Zulu words already! That's great! I'll e-mail you soon.
Love Amanda
1:45 p.m.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home