Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Fun in South Africa



I finally figured out that I can put pictures on here, you see I couldn't do it before because the internet system that we had was too slow but now that we have the new one it works it just takes awhile. Today we went to the opening of the new addition at a boys home and it was a great time. They had special speakers, one was the mayor and she even had a body guard standing there right behind her. Then they had some of the children come in and sing and some of the adults as well. After the ribbon cutting then that's when the fun started. There was a man there and he had an incredible voice, and so he basically serenaded us as we ate and had refreshments. I had a coke! but ended up giving it to one of the children that I new from the poor township. You see the children were not allowed to come into the tent and eat they went somewhere else and so i felt so bad that we had all that food and they didn't have any and so that is why the precious coke was given up.( hey it made him smile so it was worth it) Here are some pictures of it. See ya D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home