Tracys gone!

Well this was the last weekend before Tracy went home, so we went to the city and had fun. We stayed there for the weekend and then she flew home to the USA on Monday. It was hard to take her to the airport and see her leave. But the Lord is good and I am ok again. We did have a lot of fun while we were in Durban so that was nice.

We went to Ushaka, the marine place that they have there. This is the place that I first went to and saw all the those sharks, I will put pics on tomorrow for you to see. But we spent a few hours there walking around, we saw a dolphin show and seal show. We also walked underground through the aqaurium. After we were done that we walked around and found this little chocolate shop and so we each bought a piece of choc to try, it was lovley. Then we went to the seafood restraunt and had supper there on the veranda outside by the sea and the palm trees, it was amazing. But the best part was that I could be there with Tracy and we could just enjoy ourselves.

And this fish was just weird and so I thought that I would share it with you. Well I just wrote everything about Tracy leaving and how I felt and pushed some wrong button and it all disappeared, so I will write it again. Sometimes computers are so annoying!
Ok, so Tracy flew home and I will miss her a lot, we really connected and understood each other, I guess it helped that she was from my part of the world and we had the same culture, so we laughed at the same things and when we said some things we knew what each other meant. I miss that because here I work with other cultures and that doesn't happen very much. But that's ok because all of it makes me grow, so it's all worth it. I was really surprised that when we took Tracy to the airport and were waiting in the check in line, that I was overwhelmed with the feeling of sadness because I knew that I was there and couldn't get on a plane to go to Canada, to home, to my side of the world where I understand how things work. But I am better now, life is going on and I am home again in Dundee. I took the greyhound bus back from Durban and it was neat because they served us coffee and a cookie, that was new I've only ever had that on a plane. So now there is a new girl here from the states and her name is Leslie, she is 20 and she's nice. She is only here for 5 weeks, so it will be short and sweet I am sure. It is nice to have someone in the house again with me. I came home to emptiness and for part of it, it was ok, but I didn't like being alone anymore, so who knows what God has in store maybe it's time to get married!!! haha (we'll see) That's pretty much it. I hope that you are all well and happy. Thanks so much to so many of you for all your prayers and letters and cards, and e-mails, they mean so much to me. D



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home