NewCastle
Good Morning!
Here are just some pictures of the trip that we took down to Newcastle. It really was a great time. We went to a store called Game first, it's a little like a Walmart so it was fun.
When we first got there it started to pour outside and so we were just having random fun inside as we shopped. Lindsay bought these and they go nicely with the pictures that she got. It was so nice to have her there to share the day with.
Because it was in the morning and cold we went to the wimpy and picked up some Cappuccino, it was so nice and warm. We were able to get some stuff for the mission and some things for the kids club and of course some other goodies for ourselves.
When we were finished shopping we went to this coffee place called the gecko and had lunch. The food was great, it was the first time that we went there, some of the ladies from home told us about it and actually that day we saw one of the couples from our home group there.All in all it was a really great day and it was nice to be with Marysa and Linds! I am so thankful for them.
You know as I look at these pictures and look at some of the pictures that I just took of the townships and the poor, it is such a huge contrast, wow we are so blessed! The other day it was raining here and it was quite cold. I was taking Linds to the creche and we saw an old lady who was walking in the rain with no shoes and no umbrella, it was so sad. Just seeing her brought tears to my eyes and as I went home to everything that we have I cried, I feel so blessed and priviledged to have a warm bed and an umbrella and shoes and socks and hot food to eat. Just that little bit alone is more than so many here have! Even as I write this my eyes fill with tears with the memories of all the people that don't own one pair of shoes and and don't have jackets or hot food to eat. So please pray for the poor here that the Lord would enable us to provide for them from our many blessings! The people really are so beautiful and are so incredibly thankful when they get anything. And please if you see someone who is poor or needy, please help them, you never know how much you will bless them.
Have a wonderful day! Cheers. D


1 Comments:
Oh I love those pics! they are all soo good! yes that was such an awesome day : ) GOd was soo good to us and blessed usa nd protected us and our vechilce. I'm so glad I could spent that day with you too hun. and many many more to come!
7:34 a.m.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home