Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happenings in South Africa


This is a picture of the building that I live in. My room is the first one here in the left hand corner, the next window is the kitchen, then the living room then Tracy's room. The rest of the windows were the boys home, but they are all empty now.


This picture was taken looking out the front of our house. The garden is tilled right now because they really need someone to come and redo it and look after it and that sure isn't me.

Well there's not much new, at the moment the parents of the teens that live here on Mahyeno, are gone to Durban to do orientation just like I did and so I am looking after their kids for the next 10 days. My first night I couldn't sleep, not because I was nervous but because the mosquitos were eating me alive!!! So I just went home at 11pm and lathered on the mosquito repellant that Tracy brought because I didn't think to bring some and then I could sleep. You see the mosquitos are different here, they don't just bite you once and then they are full and leave, no they continue to bite over and over again, I don't know maybe they are some special African mosquitos.
Oh yeah I am also taking care of the kitchen for the next 10 days while Martie is away, she is in charge of the cooking and all the donations that go out, so it's a pretty busy job, but it's good for the muscles lifting those crates.
And this weekend Tracy and I are on cooking and we are going to make North American food, like lasagna and garlic bread and vegs, and for lunch on Sat. we are going to make grilled cheese sandwhiches with tomato soup (by the way I haven't seen anyone eat tomato soup) so we'll see what happens.
Ok that's all for now, I gotta go and prepare a craft for kids club tomorrow and then go back to the house to the kids before Orange Grove comes and we have to unload. Talk to you later.
Dione

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home